Hi everyone! We're hard at work trying to keep our community clean, so if you see any spam, please report it here and we'll review ASAP!  Thanks a million!
9,296 Users Online
  • 1,696,349 Wallpapers
  • 1,565,068 Members
  • 12,971,712 Votes
  • 5,965,287 Favorites
Login to Become a Fan
ProfileWallpapers (923)Favorites (8,862)Journal (96)DiscussionContact Member
Journal for CollieSmileJournal for CollieSmile

Firday, October 30, 2020

I\'ve just finished experiencing 2 of the most crazy, difficult weeks I\'ve had inyears.

On Tuesday, Oct. 6, about 4am, I woke up and went to the bathroom, and fell asleep on the commode. I dreamed there were a bunch of bugs running around on the floor. I woke up -- in the middle of trying to stomp on one -- and found myself falling.

I didn\'t hit the floor that hard, but my right foot got a bad abrasion from scraping the wall. My little toe was hit badly. There was lots of blood on the wall, but it looked worse than it was, because I\'m on blood thinners. I yelled for my husband, John, but he wassleeping so deeply that he didn\'t wake until I\'d been hollering for at least 20 minutes. Finally, with the help of an old dog bed, we managed to get me out of there. The fact that this bathroom is very small made it muchharder. We nursed my foot for 16 days, It started to mend, but every time I tried to wear shoes, it would get worse again.

8 days later on Wednesday the 14th, I found myself going to my dentist for an emergency appointment. A day or so after my fall, one of my upper molars started bothering me. When I woke up on the 14th, the pain had kicked into high gear, so off to the dentist I went. It turned out to be an abscessedtooth. The dentist started me on antibiotics. We set up a teeth cleaning and the infected tooth would be pulled immediately afterwards. What fun!:P (My March dental appointmenthad been canceled on me because of Covid 19, so we had to play catch up.) As it turned out, my double dental appointment went a lot better than I thought it would. Nitrous oxide really helps!:D

But the fun wasn\'t over. On Thursday, Oct. 22, John took me to see my doctor because my scrapedtoe wasn\'t healing well. My doctor prescribed horse pill sized antibiotics and told me to stay home for several days. I was to wear nothing on my feet and keep them elevated.

Now for the Squirrel...
After my doctor appointment, John took me home and went off to salvage what was left of his work day. I was watching TV when I began to hear rustling sounds in our fireplace. I got a flashlight and discovered that a black squirrel had fallen down the chimney. Fortunately we have a glass fireguard so he couldn\'t get in. I phoned John and told him to bring home some things to help get a squirrel out. That evening, we tried to get him to go into a long cardboard box. It didn\'t work. The scared squirrel disappeared. Perhaps he’d gone back up the chimney?

Here\'s the link to Part 2: https://my.desktopnexus.com/CollieSmile/journal/a-toe-a-tooth-and-a-squirrel-in-the-chi...
Times Viewed: 370Bookmark and Share
0 responses have been posted to this journal entry. Post Your Response!
Previous Journal Entry
Next Journal Entry

Recently Spotted Members

No members found. Be the first.