|I wrote this report for a college assignment about growing technology trends and how artists (like wallpaper creators on Desktop Nexus) are adapting).|
It has been several years now that have tablet PCS have been very popular in the market and there does not seem to be any end in sight for their popularity. Recent surveys have shown that almost half of the expected computer sales in 2014 are expected to be for tablets. More and more people are turning to these devices because of their improved function and portability. The other reason there are more potential customers for a device like this is that with all of the competition among the devices there are now levels where you can purchase an inexpensive tablet for fewer than one hundred dollars, opening up a whole new market. Here are just a few reasons why everybody is buying cheap tablets today.
1. They are everywhere – One of the nice things about the cheap tablets is that they are readily available. In the past and for the more expensive tablets, you either had to go to an electronics store and hope they had some of the device you wanted in stock or you had to order it off the Internet. Today, with cheaper tablets available, you can walk into any retail store or drugstore and you are likely to find that they have inexpensive tablets for sale and easy purchase.
2. They are kid friendly – As cheaper versions of tablets have become more mainstream, it has made them more likely to be purchased by families to be used by children. The more expensive devices seem to be less likely used by the kids in the family and more as an adult device for watching movies, reading or doing work. Many people today buy the cheaper versions as a great device to use in the car as a source of entertainment and education for the children. This also is a great tool to have at home and there are many applications now that are designed specifically for children that are both fun and educational.
3. They have many applications – When cheaper devices first came onto the market, one of the biggest complaints was that they could not run many of the popular applications that were being used on other devices. This is no longer the case as thousands of applications are now available to run on these operating systems and are designed specifically for these devices. Manufacturers and technology companies have seen that they have the potential for a bigger customer base and are catering to this audience, making more applications available today on the cheaper tablets for watching movies, TV shows, playing games, reading, doing work and more.
4. They are easily replaceable – This may seem like something that does not matter that much, but the fact is that if you damage or break a six hundred dollar tablet you may be somewhat reluctant to run right out and buy a new one. On the other hand, if something happens to your cheaper tablet while it is a loss for you, it can be replaced more readily because you did not spend nearly as much money on it.
5. They are cheaper – When it gets down to the most important fact, people are turning more to cheaper devices because they want to save money. The economy is still sluggish and people are looking for ways to cut corners and save, and this is one way they can do it. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars for a flashy device, they can save that money, get a cheaper version and still do many of the things they wanted to with the tablet without issue.
With more and more people looking for ways to save money in any way they can, it really is no wonder that people are turning more towards cheaper tablets as their device of choice. The cheaper devices can perform many of the same functions, entertain and educate and give the portability and access you need for much less of a price. The trend toward cheaper tablets does not seem to have any reason to start to change or slow down.
Recently Spotted Members
No members found. Be the first